Conditions of sale
Registered Office and Mailing Address:
CT Ipswich Limited
8 Olympus Close
Registered Number: 9104037 England
VAT Reg Number: GB193084593
Platform of the EU Commission regarding online dispute resolution: http: //ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
All sales & quotations are subject to the following conditions of sale: –
1. The right to refuse countermands is reserved in the case of goods ready for despatch.
2. Orders are accepted and promises for despatch given conditionally upon our being able to secure necessary labour materials and without responsibility for delays through risk, strikes, accidents or other events beyond our control.
3. An extra charge will be made to cover the cost of special carriage when necessary.
4. Notwithstanding that prices are carriage paid, no responsibility will be accepted by the supplier under any circumstances for goods damaged in transit, breakage’s, pilfering or shortages, or delays in transit unless notification is made in writing given within TWO DAYS of delivery.
5. All accounts are payable to our Head Office at 8 Olympus Close, Ipswich IP1 5LN within the terms agreed. The company reserves the right to stop all further supplies if account payments are not made on time.
6. All accounts are subject to alterations without notification.
7. All quotations whether sent out by letter, email or given by telephone, or set out in a catalogue, price list etc are for information only and are not to be considered as an offer by our company. Any order by a customer shall not constitute a contract between the customers and our company unless accepted in writing.
All quotations are given and orders accepted on the basis that goods will be invoiced at the prices contained in the price list current at date of despatch unless the customer specifies a fixed price in his order and that is accepted by us. Goods delivered within one month will be at the said price. After one month goods will be invoiced at current price on date of despatch.
8. Any goods returned will be subject to a maximum handling charge of 25%. No goods can be collected without written collect note and customers invoice number. Goods must be returned within one calendar month of purchase. Plain tiles will only be collected in full carton quantities. The cost of returning goods to the manufacturer/supplier will be charged extra.
9. VALUE ADDED TAX is already included in published prices.
10. Samples, colours and glazes can vary considerably over a period of time. Samples on show therefore are for general guidance only and may not be current stock
10a. Hand decorated tiles in particular are likely to have variation within the same batch. It is however, a normal characteristic of this type of tile and we cannot be held responsible for variations of this nature.
11. The colour of the tiles shall be agreed between the vendor and the purchaser at the time of placing the order.
12. Goods cannot be supplied on sale or return basis.
13. Although we keep a large product range in stock there is still a number of ranges produced by the manufacturers for which there is limited demand. These can be obtained as a Special Order subject to written confirmation. Cash sale customers must pay in full when placing a special order.
14. Special order tiles shall be non-returnable.
15. Cancellation of Special Order items cannot be accepted once the goods have already been despatched by the manufacturer or supplier.
16. All English tiles are made to British standard 6431. European tiles and many non-European manufacturers tiles are made to European Standard EN14411. Deviations in size and calibre are allowed for within these standards and should be checked for prior to fixing. This means that small variations in size are acceptable. The glazed surfaces shall not show any objectionable defects when viewed from a distance of one metre with the naked eye.
The batch shall be deemed satisfactory if not less than 95% are free from defect and that it is normal for up to five tiles in one hundred to be slightly marked or damaged. (These can be used for cuts).
17. The goods sold remain the property of CT Ipswich Limited t/as Tile & Stone Gallery until such a time when full payment has been received from the customer.
18. No claims for colour or shade variation, size variation or any other product defect will be entertained after tiles have been fixed. All customers of their contractor should check products when received and before use. It is essential to mix the contents of several boxes when fixing tiles, this disperses any minor shade variations and improves the appearance of the finished installation.
19. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing.
20. All floor tiles are graded for suitability to individual specifications and no claim will be accepted when problems result from the tiles being fixed outside the manufacturer recommendations. Eg.
2* Light domestic use only ie: upstairs bathroom.
3* General domestic use, but not in areas of high traffic particular where exterior footwear is regularly used.
4* Heavy domestic and light commercial use.
5* Fully vitrified/frost resistant – suitable for commercial and external use.
21. All glazed tiles are subject to some wearing after a period of time. In areas of commercial use customers should check the product suitability before any tiling work is carried out. (Refer to point 18).
22. We strongly recommend that all tiles supplied by the company are installed by a trained and experienced ceramic tile fixer.
23. We cannot be held responsible for technical advice or product recommendations given or allegedly given to customers by our staff unless it is confirmed in writing. This service is available upon request.
24. Tiles are produced from natural products and it is quite normal for small size and shade variations to occur even within one batch.
25. All coverage quantities shown for sqm and sqyd areas are nominal and for guidance only.
26. Telephone calls may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes.
27. All ready mixed adhesives require evaporation to set and cure. Evaporation will speed up if the tiles are being fixed to an absorbent surface such as plasterboard, plaster or render but the process will slow down if fixed to non-absorbent surfaces such as tile backer board, old tiles or painted surfaces. To speed evaporation it is good practise to leave the joints un-grouted for 7-10 days. As a general rule do not use ready mixed adhesives on tiles larger than 300x300mm (900cm2) or impervious tiles such as porcelain or glass.
If in doubt use a cement based powder tile adhesive which cures chemically and does not require evaporation to set
28. Complaints; please contact us: CT Ipswich Ltd, 8 Olympus Close, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5LN. Tel: 01473 745478. email@example.com
29. Trade accounts; if settling outstanding invoices by credit card a 2% surcharge will be applied.